Monday, December 17, 2012

In The Aftermath of Tragedy, Tyranny Rears It's Ugly Head Once Again



by Patriot Ex Machina

Unless you have been hiding under a rock the past week, you are fully aware of the terrible school shooting that took place in Connecticut on Friday. While I could pontificate on the philosophical aspects of such a tragedy, I leave that to the religious leaders and the soul searchers. The simple fact is, Evil walks among us. It doesn't care your age, creed, color or gender. It reaps its wicked crop from anyone it can. That is just how it is.
As we move forward from the events that have shaken the foundations of an already fragile Republic, I am sure you are aware that the bodies of the poor victims were barely cold before the members of the drive by media and the anti-gun political agenda began beating the war drums of " bans, restrictions, and all out confiscation". And strangely while this somehow seems to be fully acceptable, those on the side of the pro-gun camp seem to be looked upon as callous or uncaring when we defend our fundamental freedoms quickly in light of the incident. It seems what is good for the Liberal Goose is not necessarily good for the Freedom Minded Gander.
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by any of the quick cries of gun control from the Left, after all, it was Obama's good friend Rahm Emmanuel who uttered "Never let a good crisis go to waste." Of course the Gun Grabbers would jump on such a horrible tragedy and exploit it to their own ends, it's part of their standard operating procedure. Nor should I be shocked by the media's capitulation to this behavior. The media have become the virtual whores of the State's machine, willing to push whatever agenda that the Administration puts in front of them. It seems that the so called "conservative media" is willing to climb into the sack with their left wing counterparts on this issue as well; several "conservative" pundits on Fox News, now calling on new gun control regulations ... all of it "for the sake of the children."
The wave of anti-gun mentality is not limited to just the government or the media, it seems to be spreading like a virus among the populace as well. I myself was put on notice this weekend that I am no longer welcome at a certain family Christmas get-together because they are no longer comfortable with having a gun owner in their home. This isn't just some co-worker or acquaintance, this is my relative and blood kin. I must say, I am rather disappointed in him, and thought better of him. I suppose I will not be missed at Christmas, and while I am not even that concerned with my un-invite since if they think that little of me to begin with, I'm certainly not missing out on much, I cannot help but wonder how many other good, decent law abiding gun owners are now going to experience such stigma and treatment from former friends, mis-informed family, and overzealous co workers. This is a slippery slope that we as a nation are headed down. Once you reach the end of this, there will be no going back. That should concern all of us.
What more can you really say about all of this? You can quote statistics, you can present the evidence proving that gun ownership is a deterrent to crime, and can preach from the rooftops about the fundamental principles of our Founding Fathers, you can defend the notion that the 2nd Amendment exists to protect the people from a tyrannical government. All of these points aside, if the people will not listen, then you are wasting your breath and precious time. When the talking ceases to be effective, action is all you have left.
I have no idea what is in store for the free Patriots of the Republic, but I am sure it isn't going to be pleasant, and it is going to require a lot of inner searching among us all. Are we willing to defend our Rights that were bestowed on us by the Creator, or are we willing to simply roll over like a good little lap dog, and let Big Brother run every aspect of our lives.
No society who have given up their rights to privately own firearms have anything beneficial to show for it. It has led to more death, more tyranny, more erosion of freedom.
I suppose I am a dying breed. There are fewer and fewer of us as time goes by, and frankly, it's getting pretty damn lonely.
But no one said doing the right thing would be easy or enjoyable.
Molon Labe.

No comments:

Post a Comment